Sunday, October 20, 2019

It Was A Great Day- If You Were A Duck

We left our raft up midmorning heading south. But it rained. And rained. And rained even more. And the waves were merrily playing. So we rocked and rolled. All the way to Solomons. 

Once here, the rainy evening got better for us. We were invited to the home of a couple who also have a Leopard catamaran. They picked us up at the rainy docks. They fed us really great chili and cornbread. For dessert, they offered Klondike bars. It was a lovely evening enjoying tasty food and great conversation. 

Tomorrow, we head south again. Terry and Mike are busy planning a route that puts us somewhere pleasant for Tuesday- when another round of stormy weather is expected. 

Meanwhile- I forgot to mention that my dessert offering was a big hit at the raft up. So, I thought I might share it with you. I thought I was buying figs, but I picked up a bag of dates by mistake. What to do....what to do. Well, I just happened to have some almond paste. So, I split the dates, filled each half with almond paste,  and topped each one with a dry roasted unsalted almond. It was the perfect little sweet treat. They were gobbled up- no leftovers! We'll be serving that recipe again! Yum!

No comments: