Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Safe and Sound in Georgetown

We had a lovely day motoring down the ICW today. It was hard to believe that Sandy was off harassing other states. It started out cloudy, but the sun kept working to come out. By the end of the day, it was actually sunny for us. We are trying to make good time, so we pushed on to Georgetown, SC in the dark. That will give us enough time to leave early tomorrow and get to Charleston in time to wander around. On another note, we had a great dinner tonight- even if I say so myself, since I cooked it! We had chicken stir fry, which was not the best part, but it was tasty. What was really tasty was dessert. Our dessert tonight was inspired by my friend, Susan. When we sailed with her this summer, she introduced me to poor man's cheesecake. It's cream cheese and fruit on a graham cracker topped with whipped cream. I took her idea and made pumpkin cheesecake. Let me rephrase that-- everyone made their own. We had ginger snaps and the new pumpkin flavored cream cheese. No whipped cream- a girl has to cut back somewhere! But, boy was it good! I really recommend it for a quick after dinner treat.

1 comment:

Susan said...

The "pumkin cheesecake" sounds delicious. Have to try it. Great riff on the original.