Wednesday, June 13, 2012

EARLY Tuesday Evening

Tuesday Evening, June 12 Our midday stop was at the Morehead City Yacht Basin. They had diesel, water, pump out, ice, and free wifi. I sent off the last two blogs, and my crew mates worked on all the other projects. I went up to the office to get ice. At the office, the manager really wanted to sell me a tee shirt. He assured me that I would never get another one like the ones offered there. I pointed out that if I went back to a sailboat with tee shirts imprinted with a marlin and a powerboat, I would not be allowed back on the boat. He saw my point, and he stopped trying to get me to buy the tee shirt.  We are anchored out for the evening. The afternoon was exciting. We had a nice windy ride with a little rain. We were out on one of the sounds, so there was enough fetch to get some nice waves. We went 74 mile today - plus another six to eight miles to our anchorage on the South River. While anchoring, we tried to capture a few crab pots. Luckily, our efforts were unsuccessful. The props on LUX remain crab pot free. For dinner, we had steamed shrimp, cole slaw, potato salad and macaroni salad. Another end to another great day on the water. Thankfully, at that point I did not know what the night would bring.

No comments: