Wednesday, June 6, 2012

June 6

Well, I know that you are surprised, but it was raining again this morning. And the cruising guide was not clear on when the bridge would open. So, we took advantage of the coutesy car to make a grocery run and an AutoZone run. While Terry, Mike and I were 'hunting and gathering,' Carol and Peggy started more laundry. I am beginning to believe that I will never be dry again. When we got back from the grocery store, Carol had just gotten the clothes into the dryers. So, I babysat dryers while the rest of the crew wandered about town. Don't feel sorry for me. They had a book exchange in the laundry room. And the magazine pile had cookbooks! So, I had a nice morning that included a free book. Now we are getting ready to leave Beaufort, SC. We are headed north. Today's conversation centered on how to say Beaufort. It is pronounced Bewfort, as Carol was politely corrected in one of the stores in town. Last night, by the way, we had really good barbecue in Q On Bay - a restaurant on the water.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I shall endeavor to cross my toes as well in hopes that this brings on the fair weather ...

I have 2 new leads on Bimbos ...

Linda