Friday, June 15, 2012

June 15 at 3:15

Well, we made it to the Alligator River Marina. I say we made it because it was a rocky end to today's journey. The morning's ride through the canal was lovely. And then we hit the open area. It was back to the old washing machine for us. Mike and Carol did a great job getting us through the waves. And they were certainly rollers today. I went straight to bed! And, I did not get up again until we hit the dock. Yes, literally, we kissed the dock coming in. The wind was blowing really hard, blowing us straight into the dock. So, we are here in the Alligator River Marina, and here we will probably stay for the next day or two. The book says they have a restaurant. That would be a grill inside the Shell station. But the grill has an interesting menu with steamed shrimp, fried soft shell crab, and (according to the billboard outside) the best hamburgers around. I guess we will find out, because I am begging to eat there!

No comments: