Friday, October 11, 2013

It's Lunchtime!

Dear Readers, by now you know that I love playing around with recipes. Today's lunch was no exception. Last night, we had sautéed pork with apples. And, we had lots of leftovers. I really didn't want to eat the same meal again today, so I started thinking. What could I do with that pork?

Well, apple BBQ sauce is one of those specialty items that I love. So, I decided to try my hand at creating BBQ pork sandwiches for lunch. First, I tried cutting up the pork with my new hand crank food processor. No go. My arm's not powerful enough. So, I put Peggy to work cutting up the pork while I used the food processor to chop up the leftover apples and onions.


I mixed the pork and apples together in a pan. I added honey mustard BBQ sauce. And, voila, tasty BBQ sandwiches for lunch!




2 comments:

Susan said...

As if it were not bad enough that in the past week since leaving Lux I have been in 6 days of continuing rain, you have to show all the birds posing for pictures. Sigh. Life on Lux is still sweet.

Gee said...

I am sorry about all the rain in Maryland. BUT, I am so glad that we have not had that problem on this trip. It's so much nicer NOT boating in the rain.