Sunday, February 21, 2016

Sunday Morning, February 21

It is another beautiful morning here in the Exumas. Even better, it is a gorgeous morning just a little wind. Yay!



And, just to make sure we knew it was special-- we had a rainbow show up this morning!



We started the morning with a fruit bread.



The last time I made this, I used a can of Pillsbury crescent rolls. We're out of those, but I did have another roll of the French bread. So, I just smooshed the roll out flat until it was about 9 by 12 inches. I spread soft margarine all over it. Then I sprinkled on a mixture that consisted of 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 1/4th cup of diced dried apricots, and 1/4th cup of diced dates. I then sprinkled the whole concoction with sliced almonds. I probably used 2 or 3 tablespoons, but I truly just eyeballed it to make sure I had an even distribution of almonds. Then, I just rolled it up. It went into a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. It was yummy.

However, if I use the French bread again, I plan to make some adjustments. It needed more butter. It needed 1 more tablespoon of brown sugar. And, I would rather cook it at 325 degrees. Our oven just got too hot. But, it was still yummy.

No comments: